Website Twitter.com/healthdistrict Health District of Northern Larimer County
We enhance the health of our community.
Join our dynamic team! We are looking for an Outreach and Education Specialist who will be responsible for the development and implementation of a robust communication, outreach, and education plan to inform the public of the Connect for Health Colorado Marketplace, Health First Colorado, and CHP+. This position also focuses on building partnerships with community-based organizations, creating and delivering presentations and disseminating information through a wide variety of methods. The O&E Specialist will be trained as a Health Coverage Specialist to provide direct support to clients eligible for health insurance, as needed.
Hiring Range and Status
· $22.06 – $23.20 per hour DOQ
· 40 hours per week
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
Education and Experience
· B.A. in communications, public health, human services, social science, education, or another relevant field.
· A minimum of one-year related experience in community outreach, marketing, communications, or a position with significant responsibilities for informing people of public or non-profit programs.
The Outreach and Education Specialist:
· Works collaboratively with all Health District programs to develop and implement a broad-based public-engagement campaign, including strategies such as presentations, articles, special events, pre-developed flyers and posters, radio, online, social media, etc.
· Assists with developing content that reflects the diversity of the community served and provides small and large group presentations to diverse audiences.
· Manages and maintains the Larimer Health Connect program website.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position. Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
o Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Email to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
· Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
· We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients, and community.
· Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
· We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Employment decisions at the Health District will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
· We provide comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low-cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org