Do you enjoy working with the public? Are you passionate about helping others in your community? If so, we want to talk to you! The Health District’s Larimer Health Connect program is seeking a Health Coverage Specialist to join our dynamic team dedicated to helping Larimer County residents understand their health insurance options and access financial assistance based on income, to help reduce costs. Our trained staff provides unbiased, remote, and in-person assistance in exploring free and lower-cost health insurance plans, including plans from the Connect for Health Colorado Marketplace, Medicaid, and CHP+, insurance discounts, enrolling in health coverage and assisting with conducting outreach and public education. Staff may be required to rotate locations based on scheduling needs and travel to different offices or off-site locations throughout the county. This position is time-limited through January 31, 2025, with the possibility of an extension based on grant funding.
Hiring Range and Status
· $22.94 – $24.40 per hour DOQ
· 40 hours per week; Time-Limited (Ends 1/31/2025)
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
Education and Experience
· An associate degree, or two years towards a BS or BA degree in a health-related field, social work, or other relevant discipline.
· A minimum of one year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
The Health Coverage Specialist:
· Meets with customers in-person and remotely to explain services, reasons to buy health insurance, coverage options and assists customers with understanding the use of web-based decision tools to help explain health insurance distinctions including costs and provider networks.
· Assists customers with completing the eligibility process to determine if they are eligible for Medicaid, CHP+, or for premium or cost sharing discounts.
· Assists customers with troubleshooting issues with the eligibility and enrollment process.
· Provides assistance to customers with reporting changes, special enrollment periods, deciphering notices, etc.
· Makes referrals as needed, including referrals to appropriate agencies for appeals, grievances, and complaints, or to other community resources.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position. Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
o Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Email to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
· Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
· We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients, and community.
· Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
· We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Employment decisions at the Health District will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
· We provide comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low-cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org