Website Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
Join Our Legal Team for Meaningful and Collaborative Work. Make a Difference!
The Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law (the Center), a well-regarded nonprofit law firm exclusively devoted to family law practice, seeks an attorney to lead its robust program of dedicated volunteer lawyers and law students and to provide direct legal assistance to low-income clients. This is a perfect position for an individual who relishes working with other lawyers and law students to increase access to the courts and engage in family law practice.
Key Features of the Job:
- Developing and supporting opportunities for volunteer lawyers and law students to meet the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse communities served by the Center, including but not limited to:
- Innovating new means of engaging and nurturing volunteers;
- Strengthening programs for recruiting, recognizing and retaining volunteers;
- Developing strong professional networks , law firm and bar association relationships;
- Evaluating and improving alternative approaches to volunteering
- Practicing Family Law including but not limited to
- Handling a caseload of low-income clients from start to finish;
- Research and writing;
- Collaboration and sharing knowledge regularly with work colleagues;
- Direct supervision of some volunteer lawyers and law students
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Member in good standing California Bar;
- Three (3) or more years of family law experience;
- Demonstrated history in one or more of the following areas: building a successful law practice; leading or developing an organization or program; working extensively with volunteers; marketing and networking;
- Strong writing and public speaking skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities;
- Ability to work some Saturdays and evenings and travel locally
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Salary and Benefits: $64,480 to $85,000
Paid State Bar, CLE, and other membership fees; Provision of professional liability insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance; voluntary employee retirement plan; paid vacation and holiday leave; reimbursed travel and educational expenses; professional development.
Location: Hybrid; Office in Los Angeles/Koreatown
How to Apply: Interested persons should email a cover letter, current resume, and two writing samples to: email@example.com. Please write “Pro Bono Managing Attorney” in the subject line.
Please, no phone inquiries. Position open until filled.
The Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org