Website Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
The Client Assistant plays a vital role in providing low-income persons, many of whom are victims of domestic violence, with high quality and compassionate assistance to solve their family law problems. The Client Assistant’s job requires a range of attributes, including a desire to help others and strong administrative and technical competencies. The Client Assistant is part of a team of knowledgeable and supportive co-workers and volunteers in a legal aid office committed to addressing the most challenging social justice issues of our time: inequality, domestic abuse, economic insecurity, and the well-being of vulnerable children.
Key Features of this Job:
· Provide information, and direction to a wide variety of callers, many in distress, seeking the Center’s services;
· Help determine whether prospective clients will qualify for the Center’s services by carefully determining their eligibility and completing required forms;
· Maintain file records, schedules appointments, uses databases, communicates regularly with clients, aids staff lawyers/volunteers, and performs other tasks related to client cases and the administration of the Center’s business, as needed;
· Travel to outreach sites throughout the County to conduct eligibility and screening services in neighborhood locations, at community colleges, and other sites.
Essential Job Qualifications:
· Associates (AA) or Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution of higher learning;
· Oral fluency and proficiency in English and Spanish; ability to write satisfactorily;
· Access to reliable transportation to outreach sites; valid CA driver’s license and proof of motor vehicle insurance;
· Availability to work some Saturdays;
· Tech-savvy including demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new platforms, tools, and processes;
· Ability to ensure a confidential remote work environment as needed.
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full-time, non-exempt, 37.5 hours/week
Salary and Benefits: $35,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance; voluntary employee retirement plan; paid vacation and holiday leave; reimbursed travel and educational expenses; professional development; experience in a legal aid office.
Location: Hybrid; Office in Los Angeles/Koreatown
How to Apply: Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please write “Client Assistant” in the subject line.
Please, no phone inquiries. Position open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org