Website Growald Climate Fund
Field Innovation Intern | Part Time | Hybrid – Based in Brookline, MA
Reports to Director, Field Innovation
Pillar: Field Innovation
About Growald Climate Fund
We are a high-impact venture global philanthropy fund catalyzing the rapid transition to a clean energy future. We believe that philanthropy plays a key role in nurturing new climate solutions, supporting a vibrant and growing civil society, and promoting objective research and analysis for use by governments and key partners.
About the role: Growald’s Field Innovation team works on addressing bottlenecks in the energy transition through innovative initiatives, research, and strategic convenings. This internship is a learning opportunity for Master students (or recent graduates) and offers a range of areas to learn about for those interested in the energy transition.
About You: You are passionate about climate justice and the global transition to clean energy. You desire first-hand experience in a leading philanthropy and working strategically with the Field Innovation team. You will support the team’s work and objectives with research and analysis on the energy transition including fossil fuels phase-out, renewable energy finance, and energy diplomacy. You are ready to jump into a wide range of tasks and responsibilities with agility, flexibility and focus. You are able to be a support and resource-person for administrative tasks as needed.
- Conduct research on relevant energy transition issues.
Support the identification of potential grantees that respond to FI identified gaps.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data.
- Support the Field Innovation team in grant management tasks, including organizing meetings, maintaining relevant documentation, and tracking grantees’ progress.
- Support the development and implementation of team strategies and initiatives.
- Support the team’s logistical needs such as scheduling meetings, supporting the organization of convenings and taking and sharing meeting notes.
- Create visual materials, infographics, and presentations.
What you bring:
- Familiarity with the international energy landscape, such as the work of the International Energy Agency (IEA), the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), and/or the Just Energy Transition partnerships.
- Familiarity with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is a plus.
- Familiarity with domestic energy policy and energy transition efforts is a plus.
- Organized and able to track multiple lines of work in parallel
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Able to analyze and summarize information in short time frames
- Proactive and positive
- Good excel and powerpoint skills
Master’s degree (or pending completion) in a relevant field such as public policy, development economics or international affairs. A focus on energy systems, climate mitigation, or renewable energy is a plus.
Term of employment: January 2024 – June 2024
This position is based in Brookline, MA, and is hybrid, 2-3 days/week.
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Hourly Rate: $20-$23/hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community and strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. All Growald employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Additionally, CDC Boosters shots are highly recommended.
Please send your resume and brief paragraph answering why you are seeking this internship opportunity to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org