Website GreenLight Fund
GreenLight Fund Detroit is part of a national nonprofit network with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity.
GreenLight Fund aims to remove barriers often rooted in racial inequities as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each site. We facilitate matching the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with local residents and partners, we identify, invite in, invest and launch proven organizations, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change.
Since 2004, GreenLight Fund has launched 39 portfolio organizations across eleven sites, invested $26M, and attracted an additional $169M from other funding sources, reaching more than 417,000 individuals and families in 2021.
GreenLight Fund Detroit recently announced a second $5M fund and its first fund launched the Center for Employment Opportunities to reduce re-incarceration and barriers to employment; New Teacher Center to improve teacher retention and district student performance; and Springboard Collaborative to close the K-3 literacy gap between home and school.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
We seek an independent, highly organized, and social justice focused Coordinator with a passion for serving children and families in Detroit. Must thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture, love internal operations, and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate values equity and opportunity for all, continuous process improvement, attention to detail, and working on complex issues across functions.
This position will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Detroit, and work collaboratively across a growing local team as well as the GreenLight Fund national network of sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research current, relevant Detroit social issues and priorities facing historically underserved children, youth and families with barriers to social and economic mobility.
- Prepare and format presentations, reports and supporting materials for all advisory and community meetings, including agendas, focus area briefs, and relevant research.
- Maintain internal project management, data entry and reporting systems (Salesforce, Google Sheets, Apricot and Box experience is a plus, but not required).
- Support planning and execution of annual portfolio organization events, showcasing organizations, people, and local impact.
- Conduct broad research on trends and national context of nonprofits and social innovation.
- Maintain and contribute regularly to local social media (Twitter) and Mailchimp e-newsletters.
- Maintain the GreenLight Fund Detroit website pages and contribute to blog postings.
- Conduct prospect research on potential Detroit donors/investors, and support ongoing stewardship for individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Maintain GreenLight Fund Detroit’s investor database and support grant proposal/report writing as needed.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics of key meetings and site visits.
- Support consistent communications across a broad set of stakeholders.
- Maintain local portfolio impact data and prepare reports as needed.
- Support portfolio organizations as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum of 1 to 4 years of related experience.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Detroit, Michigan.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is $50,000.
GreenLight Fund offers a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, remote work assistance, health and wellbeing benefits, and professional development stipend.
To apply, please attach a thoughtful resume and cover letter.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization and building a diverse workforce with an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
To apply for this job please visit greenlightfund.applytojob.com.