Website Goodwill of Greater Washington
REPORTS TO: Director of Institutional Giving
POSITION SUMMARY: An integral part of the Development Team, manages a diverse portfolio of corporate, foundation and government, funders and facilitates all facets of grants management, donor solicitation, and stewardship. Position will be responsible for producing high-quality and timely grant proposals, LOIs, reports and other development materials that demonstrate Goodwill’s work and help meet revenue goals. Collaborates and works closely with other internal departments including Finance, People and Culture, Legal, and Workforce Development to ensure prompt and proper stewardship of funds. Must be a self-motivated team player who can work independently in a dynamic environment and successfully manage multiple projects, priorities, and timelines with minimal supervision. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
- Superior Written Communications
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Drive for Results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Proposal writing and organization – 40%
- Manages the Grants Calendar and serves as the project manager for the corporate, foundation and government grants program.
- Manages the grants process from beginning through completion by reviewing grant specifications, obtaining necessary and accurate program and financial information and developing and submitting high quality proposals within the specified timeframe.
- Ensures timely touchpoints with funders to steward-through applications and proposals.
Reporting, stewardship, and funder communications – 40%
- Manages the prompt acknowledgement and reporting process to grant funders, including analyzing and reporting project and organizational data.
- Coordinates Volunteer Engagement opportunities and manages Donor Recognition activities in coordination with Marketing Team, including creation of newsletter articles, social media posts, and press releases.
- Leads Grants Meetings with appropriate staff to launch grants, provide reports, and prepare for consistent communication across teams.
- Works with the Development Coordinator to ensure funder deadlines and revenue are accurately reported in Raiser’s Edge.
Funder identification and cultivation – 10%
- Assesses the “fit” between Goodwill’s operations and the priorities of renewal and prospective funders.
- Serves as the primary contact for communications and application submissions to institutional funders.
- Tracks grants and ensure compliance with all grant guidelines and requirements.
Strategic planning and budgeting – 10%
- Assists in creation of annual budgets and tracks revenues, expenses and timesheets (if applicable) on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and monitors invoices for government grants.
- Assists in annual budget reconciliation process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in English, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Minimum five years of related experience, which provides the skills, knowledge and ability necessary to perform the above tasks.
- Proven track-record of securing and managing institutional gifts at the five and six-figure level and successfully managing government partnerships and grants.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to collaborate internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Experienced with grant application and reporting processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) and database entry.
- Proven organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing fundraising materials.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and to participate as a team player on all projects.
Please Note: Applicants will be required to submit two-three relevant writing samples and undergo a writing test.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database.
Sedentary – Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Limited – General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing (marijuana excluded).
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.