Website Funders for Reproductive Equity
Executive & Administrative Associate
Location: Remote in the United States
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Funders for Reproductive Equity (FRE) is pleased to seek applications and nominations for the position of Executive & Administrative Associate.
Funders for Reproductive Equity (FRE) is a thriving community of philanthropic partners focused on reproductive health, rights, and justice (RHRJ) in the United States and globally. This year marks FRE’s 23rd anniversary as the only Philanthropy-Serving Organization (PSO) solely dedicated to the RHRJ movement. For over 20 years, FRE has served as an organizing body for RHRJ funders to work in coordination, understand one another’s priorities, deepen their analysis of critical issues in RHRJ, mutually support one another, and practice aligned strategies. In 2018, FRE led a highly collaborative process involving staff, board, and members to develop its new long-term vision, which is to lead philanthropy and transform philanthropic culture to optimize resources for all people’s freedom over their sexual and reproductive lives. Through its efforts, FRE aims to advance reproductive equity and justice, centering racial and gender justice, within philanthropy. Learn more about FRE at www.wearefre.org.
THE CALL TO ACTION
Our global community is experiencing an undeniable crisis moment in which reproductive health, rights, and justice have been attacked, stripped away, and weakened in unimaginable ways on an international scale. To counter these forces and forge ahead, the Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice (RHRJ) movement has continued to build its community, strategy, collective organizing, resources, and resilience. Philanthropy needs to meet this growing need, strengthening its support of the bold and strategic work of RHRJ movement leaders who are centering the communities most affected by systemic injustice. As the core RHRJ philanthropy-serving organization, FRE is proud to serve as an integral piece in the fight for transformation and justice in this country and to continue to serve as a trusted resource for strengthening RHRJ grantmaking, providing valuable engagement and learning opportunities for its members, and actively organizing RHRJ philanthropy to prioritize intersectional issues within grantmaking.
To support its efforts, FRE is hiring an Executive & Administrative Associate to support the Executive Director and growing staff team.
THE EXECUTIVE & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE ROLE
The Executive & Administrative Associate will report to FRE’s Executive Director (ED) and will support the ED and the team in these primary ways:
Provide strategic calendar management and planning (40%)
– Manage the Executive Director’s schedule by taking in requests for meetings, compiling requests for the ED’s review and decision-making, managing multiple Doodle polls, and following up reliably and promptly with care, sensitivity, and detail. Anticipate potential scheduling needs, ensuring the ED’s schedule balances and effectively prioritizes the needs of the ED, FRE’s team, Board of Directors, and external partners.
– Ensure smooth logistical coordination for programmatic, strategic, and donor meetings by reserving and setting up virtual or physical meeting space, including catering and A/V or technology needs; sending invitations and reminders; and helping to coordinate background materials as needed. Confirm ED and team members have necessary access to promptly and smoothly open meetings.
– Coordinate and book Executive Director’s travel to conferences and external meetings, including anticipating needs, registering for conferences, providing itineraries, and troubleshooting to facilitate smooth trips. Manage reimbursements and other administrative needs related to ED’s travel and speaking engagements.
– Support scheduling of quarterly Board meetings as well as committees and individual meetings with FRE’s Board Members.
– Correspond and coordinate with the ED on a regular and consistent basis so both parties are well-informed of commitments and changes to the ED’s schedule. Manage revisions or cancellations and rescheduling as necessary.
– In all communication, correspond with people in ways that communicate respect, care, a high level of professionalism and discretion.
– Coordinate with other members of the FRE team to respectfully hand-off requests where appropriate.
Provide administrative support to the broader FRE team (40%)
– Process invoices for payment by accountant and collaborate with Director of Finance & Operations to track expenses and ensure proper account coding, including payments to vendors, honoraria for conference speakers, and reimbursements for travel.
– Manage organizational mail and general email inbox.
– Maintain organizational calendar of events, activities, organizational holidays, and team PTO on shared calendar.
– Track organizational passwords and subscriptions.
– Manage membership lists on communications platforms, including e-mail, e-marketing, listservs, FRE’s website, Slack, and announcement lists.
– Manage collection of job listings and coordinate with Communications Director for submission to Membership Updates.
Provide conference and event planning logistics support to program team (10%)
– Provide selected areas of support for event logistics for FRE conferences in close collaboration with FRE’s Program Director, ED, and any related production consultants.
– Manage video conference registration and virtual meeting logistics for FRE’s programming activities.
– Track virtual and in-person meeting registration and participation throughout the year, in coordination with Program Director and ED. Coordinate member information and participation on SalesForce with external consultants.
The Executive & Administrative Associate will have the opportunity to grow and develop professionally by taking on special projects related to their interests. (10%).These could include activities such as:
– Provide specific areas of additional event management support, such as communication with panelists, speakers, cultural performers, or attendees.
– Attend and record meeting notes with FRE team members.
– Collaborate in selected areas of managing or supporting research related to FRE’s Grants Database and Membership Directory.
While any candidate is expected to have a learning curve stepping into this role, the ideal candidate will have many of the following abilities, attributes, and experiences:
– Commitment to pursuing reproductive health, rights, and justice in a way that centers the communities most affected by systemic racial, gender, and other forms of injustice. Experience or strong familiarity working in the field of RHRJ and social justice. Understanding of RHRJ philanthropic community is a plus.
– At least 3 years’ experience effectively managing an executive’s calendar.
– Experience working in a remote organization and on a small team.
– Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail for self and others.
– Demonstrated ability to organize work, prioritize a breadth of activities and communication, meet deadlines, problem solve, and reliably follow up.
– Ability to exercise good judgment and strict confidentiality on appropriate issues.
– Excellent, clear, and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate tactfully and professionally with warmth and attention to detail.
– Orientation towards supporting and proactively meeting the needs of others.
– Comfortable working independently and collaborating extensively within the context of a small, dynamic team. Thoughtful and caring relationship-building experience and skills.
– Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to work within ambiguity and changing conditions and priorities.
– Passion and the sense of humor necessary for critical mission-driven work in a dynamic and rapidly evolving field.
– Team player who fosters a collaborative environment and shared commitment to a broader vision and goals.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The annual full-time salary is $70,000 – 80,000 and offers a generous benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, generous paid time off, holiday schedule, and more.
This search is being supported by Callie Carroll of CLC Endeavors. Please send application materials to https://apptrkr.com/4683578. Applications should include a resume and cover letter that communicates your interest and qualifications for the role. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Funders for Reproductive Equity values a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, and LGBTQ+ individuals, to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit and hire with the understanding of systemic oppression and of the lived reality of people with marginalized identities. We also recruit and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, prior conviction, arrest history, disability, marital status, veteran status, or age. Candidates are encouraged to apply even if they do not meet all the criteria.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.