Website FamiliesUSA Families USA Foundation
A leading national voice for health care consumers.
Position Location: Washington D.C. with Hybrid Work Schedule, Requiring 3-Days of In-Office Presence
Who We Are
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the Executive Director and Chief of Staff to foster a high level of organizational professionalism and a favorable internal and external image for Families USA. The Executive Assistant’s work includes supporting the Executive Team’s interactions with Families USA staff, board, and funders. This individual will be a proactive problem-solver with exceptional organization and communication skills, and a keen attention to detail. Given the high-level nature of the work of the executive team, we rely on this individual to have a high degree of professional maturity as well as maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the Executive Director and Chief of Staff, including coordinating complex scheduling and calendar management.
- Assist the Executive Director and Chief of Staff in building Families USA’s culture through equanimity and proactive communication and engagement.
- Build cordial rapport with staff and external stakeholders through communications and scheduling.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare conference rooms and facilities, and record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Greet, welcome, and collaborate with visitors to the office and staff.
- Manage the travel logistics and activities, including accommodations and transportation for the executive team.
- Draft executive and related documents for the Executive Director or Chief of Staff’s review and approval.
- Prepare and review travel expense reports for processing through the Concur platform.
- Organize and maintain file system of support requests in a logical manner utilizing Asana and other organizational technology and file correspondence and other records.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail.
- Review incoming emails as directed, including those redirected to Junk/Quarantine, promptly identify emails that need the Executive Director’s and Chief of Staff’s response.
- Update all Board, committee and task force directories as needed.
- Manage all Board meeting minutes, organize and schedule report timelines and follow up.
- Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, special reports, and agenda material.
- Support Executive Director and Chief of Staff with miscellaneous requests such as scanning, printing, and copying.
- Stay up-to-date with technical resources, such as Microsoft suite, email and scheduling platform, and Concur.
Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university and seven to ten years in supporting a senior executive or team.
To perform successfully in this role, applicant should possess the specific knowledge, skills and abilities outlined below:
Knowledge (acquired information necessary to do the job, kind of knowledge required for the job)
- Knowledge and understanding of Families USA’s mission and work.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
Skills (position-specific learned activity, generally gained through training)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism, and demonstrated ability to maintain and exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- A self-starter and possesses a team and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Adobe/Outlook/PowerPoint).
Abilities (position-specific talents; potential to perform tasks or functions)
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with equanimity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to oversee complex scheduling demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to produce consistently high-quality work.
- Flexible team player, willing to adapt to changes and unafraid of challenges.
- Ability to identify obstacles and address problems cooperatively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to take initiative and work with very minimal supervision.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We provide an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, hybrid work schedule: 3 days in office/2 optional WFH days, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b) retirement matching plan, 3+ weeks’ vacation, ten (10) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day and many more exciting benefit programs. Salary will be commensurate with experience, our salary range for this role is $72K – $82K.
How to Apply
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply online and include in your application: your cover letter, and resume. Families USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
To apply for this job please visit familiesusa.org.