Website Fair Elections Center Fair Elections Center
Fair Elections Center
Fair Elections Center seeks a Media Relations Associate to join our Communications Department. The Media Relations Associate will support Fair Elections Center’s media relations work by drafting/editing media materials, assisting with developing media lists, pitching reporters, editors and producers and developing content for websites and social media channels, and assisting in the development of communication strategies. This position will report to the Communications Director.
- Assist with developing and executing earned media strategies to raise and expand awareness of the work of Fair Elections Center.
- Support the development of comprehensive and strategic campaign communications plans and messaging, as well as creative communications tactics around campaign launches, report releases, and campaign branding/positioning.
- Write and edit a variety of communications materials, both internal and external, including press releases, reporter pitches, blog posts, talking points, campaign media plans and other media materials.
- Assist with identifying, developing, and facilitating opportunities to position Fair Elections Center as a thought leader and our staff as subject matter experts.
- Cultivating relationships with journalists, publications, and other media entities.
- Assist with the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and Fair Elections Center’s website.
- Collaborate with communications consultant firm for press strategy implementation and outreach and reporter follow-up.
- Participate in weekly and monthly campaign strategy and planning meetings with state coordinators, managers, and directors.
- Respond to media inquiries.
- Provide media relations coaching and training to staff.
- Support Communications team and departmental tasks as needed.
- 3 years of experience in media relations and communications strategy.
Broad fundamental communications and media relations knowledge.
- Excellent writer and editor, adept at writing for a variety of audiences via numerous platforms.
- Demonstrated experience writing/editing press releases, talking points, blog posts and factsheets.
- Experience with social media platforms and how to use it to build name recognition and organizational interest.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to Fair Elections Center’s mission.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time-management management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced work environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Graphic design and/or video production experience is a plus.
Location and Compensation:
This is a full-time remote position with a salary range of $60,000 to $70,000 depending on experience. Benefits include generous vacation and fully paid health, dental and vision coverage as well as a 403(b) pension plan with employer contribution.
Priority application deadline is Thursday, March 9, 2023. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Kristina Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Elections Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in our work environment and believe it furthers our mission to create and preserve an inclusive democracy for all voters and for underrepresented and marginalized communities in particular. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Kmoore@fairelectionscenter.org