Website Emily's Entourage
Fast breakthroughs for cystic fibrosis
Emily’s Entourage is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications to lead the planning, execution, and evaluation of the organization’s print, digital, and social media marketing and communications strategy.
In this role, the individual will bring his or her marketing and communications expertise, passion for storytelling, and highly motivated drive to produce impactful communications for the organization. Ideal candidates will have a high sense of urgency and operate in a proactive, results oriented, and sensitive manner.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing strategy and managing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the marketing and communications initiatives for Emily’s Entourage. Candidates must have strong writing skills, a keen eye for style and branding, and a passion for storytelling through digital platforms. Additionally, candidates must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, expert organizational and time management skills, and project management experience.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will join a core team of six, comprised of the following: two co-founders, a Chief Scientific Officer, a Director of Operations, a Director of Strategic Partnerships, an Events and Fundraising Manager, and additional freelance support staff. The Director of Marketing and Communications will report to EE Co-Founder Emily Kramer-Golinkoff and will be responsible for managing the company’s social media agency. The organization is fully remote but operates out of Philadelphia.
Emily’s Entourage is an innovative 501(c)3 that speeds breakthroughs and a cure for the final 10% of people with cystic fibrosis (CF) who do not benefit from current mutation-targeted therapies, including those with nonsense mutations. Founded by Emily Kramer-Golinkoff with family and friends, Emily’s Entourage is fueled by powerful communities, small and large, in person and virtual, that have rallied together, raising more than $11M dollars since 2011 to drive high-impact research and drug development
While the urgency of the organization is inspired by Emily’s advanced stage disease, the work of Emily’s Entourage gives impetus to advances that can benefit not only patients with cystic fibrosis, but also millions of people with genetic diseases as well as those combating antibiotic-resistant infections for whom there are no existing treatments.
Named a White House “Champion of Change” for Precision Medicine, Emily’s Entourage has been featured in the New York Times, STAT, theSkimm, CNN.com, Time.com, People.com, AOL.com, CBS’s The Doctors, Yahoo Health, and many other national and local media outlets for its disruptive approach to accelerating breakthroughs and Emily’s inspiring story.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and lead organization’s marketing and communications strategy, including visual and content development, paid advertising, and other digital approaches, and maintain the communications calendar
- Develop and lead email marketing strategy, execution and evaluation of campaigns, appeals, and general awareness, including planning, segmentation, testing, reporting and optimization
- Create, format and send email communication for events, appeals, and regular newsletters
- Maintain up-to-date email and print distribution lists
- Set and report on goals and benchmarks for email marketing
- Utilize analytics and reporting systems to test, evaluate, iterate and grow the audience and refine marketing and communications strategy
- Manage the development of EE’s annual Impact Report
Social Media and Graphics
- Oversee EE’s social media:
- Lead organic and paid social media strategy, execution and evaluation
- Oversee, review, and approve monthly editorial calendar for EE’s social media platforms and blog, including content development, scheduling, and publishing
- Plan, manage, and report out on earned and paid media
- Set and report on goals and benchmarks for social and digital channels
- Manage SEO/SEM, maximize spend of Google Grants
- Create graphics for social media, digital/website, swag, events, and marketing and communication collateral (digital and print)
Community Building and Management
- Build and manage the online community to support growth, engagement and achievement of EE’s goals
- Oversee guest blog contributors, ensuring high quality content is posted on time and aligns with the organization’s messaging
- Stay up-to-date on communications and messaging trends, including general trends within the field, new and emerging media, and specifically within the rare disease community
- Oversee website strategy, design, and updates, including creating new website pages and updating homepage content regularly (photos, videos, copy, links, etc)
- Lead web editorial strategy, operations, and promotion of content
- Oversee web production team
- Maintain organization and storage of all photos, videos and art for marketing and communications usage
- Develop and execute PR and media placement strategy to support the marketing and communications objectives
- Develop external-facing messaging, including press releases and pitches, presentations, emails, and blogs
- Maintain media contact lists and network op-eds, speeches, talking points, film scripts, etc., as required
Program Support and Other
- Support the Director of Fundraising and Special Events with communications for events, such as the Evening with Emily’s Entourage gala, including creative concepting, project management, and the development of event materials
- Support EE’s Fundraising and Events Manager with peer to peer fundraising programs, including Team EE, CureFinders Crew, and Champions
- Oversee special projects and initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
6-10 years of experience in marketing and project management required; healthcare preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience writing and editing blog posts, creating engaging social media content, designing newsletters and other marketing content
- Experience with social media platform analytics, Google analytics and ability to measure and evaluate campaign success
- Ambitious, self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently, willingness to do whatever it takes, and proven ability to succeed
- Results oriented with the ability to take charge when needed
- Ability and willingness to be flexible, adapt, and “wear many hats”
- Proven time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge and previous experience with WordPress or a similar content management system, email marketing platforms, and Sprout Social or a similar social media scheduling platform
- Basic graphic design skills
- Mastery of Google Drive
Pay and Benefits
EE offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus a generous PTO plan, health and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, writing sample (1 single-spaced page max) and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should describe (a) previous relevant experience and (b) why the position is right at this stage in his/her career.
Emily’s Entourage provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org