DOROT is a hybrid work environment where team members work part-time onsite and part- time remotely. The Program Coordinator will report to the headquarters located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and should expect to be in the office three to five days a week.
Founded in 1976, DOROT (“generations” in Hebrew) facilitates a dynamic partnership between older adults, volunteers, and professionals to address the challenges of an aging population. DOROT is dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live more independently and as valued community members. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of DOROT’s programs and staff. The agency is a recognized innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers and community and supportive services. Comprehensive programs – conducted onsite, in the home, remotely, and in the community – combat loneliness and social isolation.
DOROT’s diverse clients range in age from 60 to over 100 and vary in physical mobility and economic status. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community, offering a lifeline of support to older adults in its catchment area (the Upper West Side from 59th to 125th Streets, East Side from 14th to 96th Streets, and Westchester County). DOROT engages more than 6000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming that improves the lives and health of nearly 5,000 older adults. Bringing the generations together results in a mutually beneficial partnership that delivers much needed services ranging from enrichment to addressing critical daily needs.
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
DOROT leverages volunteers and their skills across all levels of the organization to successfully deliver on our social mission. Each year, we mobilize 6000+ volunteers of all ages through a wide array of programs conducted on-site, in the home, remotely and in the community. The Volunteer Services Department staff is responsible for recruiting, onboarding and engaging volunteers to fill roles throughout the agency and leading and managing a number of volunteer programs and events.
The Program Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement is an integral member of the Volunteer Services team responsible for developing and implementing volunteer recruitment and engagement plans to meet agency goals and grow DOROT’s volunteer corps. They will also oversee a select set of volunteer programs. Special emphasis will be given to outreach to identify new age 65+ volunteers to promote greater understanding between generations and build intergenerational communities, expanding agency programming in this area.
This position requires an appreciation for the mutually beneficial impact of volunteerism for older adults and volunteers of all ages. The ideal candidate is goal driven, organized and enthusiastic about networking in the community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the following in addition to any other projects as assigned by their manager, the Manager of Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement:
- Create and implement plans for recruiting and engaging volunteers ages 18+ to connect with DOROT older adults.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify age 65+ participants, who do not yet know DOROT, to engage in intergenerational programming, primarily with high school students and with younger youth.
- Train and orient volunteers for a wide variety of in person and remote roles.
- Identify, cultivate, train, place and supervise experienced and new DOROT volunteers to take on leadership roles as facilitators and ambassadors representing DOROT with internal and external audiences.
- Identify and promote opportunities for volunteers to use professional skills to support DOROT’s work.
- Design and manage projects for corporate and other volunteer groups.
- Organize and implement strategies for deepening volunteer involvement and recognizing volunteers.
- Present information about DOROT and volunteer opportunities at community events and meetings in the Metro NYC area to attract potential volunteers.
- Partner with colleagues to ensure the success of large-scale agency events involving volunteers.
- Update marketing and outreach templates and resources.
- Collect, track, and maintain information using DOROT’s online database (Salesforce); this involves routine data entry and monthly review of statistics for both internal reports and trend analysis.
- Supervise interns and volunteers.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCES
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and volunteering; previous work or volunteer experience with older adults a plus
- Demonstrated success with program planning and development, project management and participant recruitment and engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, including experience with public speaking
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal competencies while also able to work independently to solve problems
- Effective at managing multiple, time-sensitive projects and balancing competing priorities
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to follow through to achieve deliverables
- Passion for DOROT’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours, including up to ten Sundays per year for volunteer events
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010; experience with Salesforce or another database, Canva and/or MailChimp a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
DOROT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit dorot.bamboohr.com.