DOROT is a hybrid work environment where team members work part-time onsite and part- time remotely. The Associate will report to the headquarters located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and should expect to be in the office three to five days a week.
DOROT, was founded in 1976 by Columbia University students seeking to make a difference for older adults in their community. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted onsite, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. During the pandemic, DOROT’s programs have pivoted to offering services virtually, via Zoom and over the phone. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
DOROT’s client’s range in age from 60 to over 100, vary in physical mobility and economic status, and come from diverse backgrounds. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community and offers a lifeline of support to older adults in Manhattan and Westchester and beyond.
DOROT is an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of the elderly and address the challenges of an aging society. We bring the generations together in mutually beneficial partnership, engaging over 6,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming.
The Associate provides analytic, administrative, and operational support to the Director and department in all areas of responsibilities of the People & Culture team. This role would support functions like recruitment, orientation and staff on-boarding, retention and engagement, and provide general administrative support to the team. This is an ideal role for an individual contributor, who may have some people/culture/talent/HR experience who is looking to be able to deepen their understanding around this work in a mission-driven nonprofit setting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Associate is responsible for the following in addition to any other projects as assigned by the Director:
Talent Acquisition (Recruitment)
- Support all functions of the talent acquisition process, including sourcing and screening candidates, conducting reference checks and managing and conducting new employee orientation programs.
- With support from the Director, develop and implement strategies for DOROT to use in recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Provide operational and process excellence to ensure a quality candidate experience.
- Manage and identify new, high-impact job boards, listservs, and social media groups like those on LinkedIn and Facebook. Post job opportunities and summaries on job boards, listservs, and social media groups.
- Review and rate candidates using a predetermined rubric and set of selection materials.
- Create workflows, emails and post job opportunities within the applicant tracking system.
- Schedule client interviews and create candidate packets at the direction of your manager.
- Attend and take notes as directed for project launch conversations as well as project debriefs.
- Support the Manager and Director in the development of employee training and ongoing professional learning opportunities.
Records & Data Management
- Ensures that all functions relating to employees’ records are processed in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains compliance with state and federal employment laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Track and report on talent metrics including those related to talent acquisition, employee satisfaction, and participation in benefits.
- In partnership with the Director, analyze turnover to identify trends and develop and implement employee retention strategies.
WHO YOU ARE
- You want to make an impact and bring about change. You understand what it means to be both a thoughtful and strategic planner while balancing the ability to translate that plan into concrete results – you are ambitious and work to align human capital systems to support the organization where it is today and plan for tomorrow. Whether it’s on your own, or through staff, consultants, or partners. Your experience, transparency, and organization allow you to get the nuts and bolts in place in record time, always with support and input from the rest of the People & Culture team and organization.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You shape relationships with an ethos of reciprocity.
- You’re values-aligned. You share DOROT’s commitment to excellence, communal responsibility, compassion, integrity, and innovation. You care deeply about making a difference and work each day to make a demonstrable impact for the older adults and volunteers we serve.
A Bachelor’s degree with at least 1-3 years of experience in talent/culture/people/operations/HR work, ideally in a nonprofit setting
Emerging skills in project management & operations
WHY WORK WITH US
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will have:
- Flexibility in your working schedule. You’ll have the opportunity to have a hybrid work schedule, working from home one to two days a week. This also means that you have just over 1 months’ time each year to spend it how you like thanks to a generous PTO policy.
- Access to health care when you need it most. Whether it be medical, vision, dental, disability or life insurance, we’ve got you covered and offer a bevy of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of during these uncertain times.
- Support to plan for your future. We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
- Experience professional growth. DOROT is financially strong and in growth mode; an organization where you can make a difference.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
DOROT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit dorot.bamboohr.com.