Website Covenant House NY
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Case Manager provides direct physical and supportive services in a positive and nurturing manner to the young people we serve in Covenant House New Yorks short-term emergency Youth Shelter using an integrated, multidisciplinary team approach. Reporting to CHNYs Program Coordinator, the Case Manager will support a culture that successfully achieves meaningful results for the young people we serve.
Shift 1: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following)
- Upholds CHs Mission, Vision, and 5 Principles, standards of conduct, and policies and procedures. Integrate Mission and 5 Principles into work done with the youth and with the community.
- Ensure the completion of Cov Convo and Individual Service Plan (ISP) within 48 hours.
- Collaborate with youth in developing short-term goals and in developing and implementing an Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Evaluate and update the plan as needed.
- Ensure that youth have sufficient and proper ID (Birth Certificate, School Identification, State ID, and Social Security Card).
- Meet with youth weekly to determine progress with goals identified in ISP.
- Be fully prepared to present cases at weekly case reviews including running the appropriate reports from ETO.
- Ensure that progress notes and weekly updates are recorded accurately in ETO using the S.O.A.P. format.
- Responsible for advocating on behalf of youth with outside service providers.
- Communicate to Program Coordinator when youth needs an extension.
- Keep the program team, Coordinator and Social Worker informed regarding youth clinical needs.
- Escort youth to off-campus appointments and services when needed.
- Ensure that youths files are compliant to all grant, government agencies and local, state and federal regulations.
- Assist with program audit and review preparation.
- Research and keep current external referral services.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external service providers.
- Develop motivational tools for youth.
- Maintain healthy relationships with the youth, mindful of boundaries and mutual respect.
- Model caring engagement with youth.
- Support Resident Advisors and floor staff whenever possible.
- Engage with youths during meal time, events and outings.
- Complete all incident reports fully and correctly by end of shift and submit to appropriate parties.
- Participate in all required trainings, supervision and staff meetings.
- Always upholds CHNYs standards of conduct and policies and procedures.
- Always reflects CHNYs values and principles on social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred. If no Bachelor’s degree, High School/GED is required with one (1) year experience in a residential setting and working with adolescents preferred.
- Experience working with at-risk youth strongly preferred.
NYS Drivers license preferred.
- Interest in working with homeless and runaway youth issues; with a focus on housing, employment, education and health services.
- Excellent organizational skills to develop living situations for young adults.
- Ability to monitor and de-escalate in a crisis situation.
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible work schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
“CH is a vaccinated employer. As such, prospective new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered.”
Covenant House New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to NChin@covenanthouse.org