Website Community Foundation for Southwest Washington
In a Nutshell
The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington weaves the work of communities, connecting and uplifting passionate people, critical resources and transformational ideas. Working side by side with every corner and sector of our region, we have identified social and economic justice as the most critical elements to a thriving community. We serve to advance efforts in these areas by fostering impactful giving, trusted partnerships and authentic engagement for a more equitable southwest Washington. Check out our website to learn more about who we are and what we do!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Digital Communications Specialist to join our team as we work to create a caring, prosperous southwest Washington where everyone belongs! This person will be responsible for contributing to and implementing a multi-channel marketing and communications plan that advances the Community Foundation for Southwest Washington’s brand and strategic goals. Specifically, this position will focus on identifying and applying digital strategies that effectively inform, engage and grow online audiences.
What You Get to Do
The Digital Communications Specialist is a collaborative role, working cross-functionally and partnering closely with key team members to accomplish the following:
- Contribute ideas, strategies and project management to the overall communications plan, and oversee implementation across all digital channels.
- Develop content, from concept to creation, that inspires and informs audiences across our website, email marketing, social media and other communication channels.
- Develop and bring to life a social media plan and calendar that supports organizational goals by engaging audiences around key programs, services, events and initiatives.
- Design social media graphics, marketing collateral, presentations and other resources.
- Maintain and update all Community Foundation website properties, thinking critically about accessibility, search engine optimization, user experience and navigation.
- Help re-imagine cfsww.org as the project lead for a full redesign that will turn this website into a resource that allows caring community members to engage and take action.
- Distribute and analyze email campaigns and newsletters, applying tactics to grow, segment and maintain audience lists.
- Serve as a first responder and liaison for IT, providing basic technical support across the organization and communicating urgent service issues and requests to our IT vendor.
- Occasionally produce and edit photos and videos that capture Community Foundation events and partner stories.
- Track, analyze and improve project processes and results.
- Extend brand consistency across digital platforms.
- Track and translate analytics into easy-to-understand, insightful and actionable reports.
- Support the Annual Luncheon and other events as needed.
- Embrace and incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
What You Need to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, especially in related fields such as marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- Three years related social media and digital marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage online communities through social media platforms
- Experience using WordPress or another CMS to manage and publish website content
- Practical application of digital marketing concepts
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with email marketing and social media strategies and platforms
- Excellent project management and organization to keep competing priorities on track
- Creative thinking, problem-solving, strong initiative and good judgement
- A desire to improve the quality of life for those living in Southwest Washington
- Authentic commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Bonus Points if You Have These
- Expertise in Microsoft Planner or similar project management tools
- Adept at CRM software integrations for digital marketing and communications
- Photography and video production experience
- Familiarity with basic HTML and coding
- Experience working with/for nonprofits
- A sense of adventure and humor
What We Can Offer
- A salary ranging from $58,000 to $63,000, depending on experience
- Competitive PTO – starting at 4 weeks!
- 17 paid holidays
- 34-hour work week. We leave at noon on Fridays!
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans
- 403b retirement savings plan with guaranteed 7% employer contribution after six months of employment
- Employer matching on charitable gifts and paid volunteer time
- An awesome and rewarding place to work!
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume and applicable portfolio materials to Maury Harris, Senior Communications Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews begin January 23, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
We are deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we strive to build a diverse team that can effectively partner with all communities and populations in Clark, Cowlitz and Skamania counties. As such, we welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. Read more about Our Commitment to Equity online.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com