Website sdclimateaction Climate Action Campaign
Stop the climate crisis through effective policy action
We at Climate Action Campaign are a growing team that advocates and organizes for bold policies to stop the climate crisis through effective policy action. Through the lens of equity and justice, we fight for a Zero Carbon future and the systemic change that ensures clean air, clean water, and a livable future for everyone.
We wake up every day ready to support the fight for the game-changing climate laws, policies and programs we need to achieve climate justice. To fulfill this vision, we need 100% of our team to be 100% in.
- Do you believe in the power of local politics to make positive change?
- Do you love meeting new people and building relationships?
- Is your first thought “no problem” when faced with a challenge?
- Do you enjoy connecting with donors to help them invest in their communities?
- Do you enjoy working alongside colleagues committed to making a difference?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on.
In collaboration with the Director of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Coordinator will manage donor tracking systems, cultivate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with our existing network of donors, grantors, and business partners, implement strategies to diversify CAC’s funding sources, and organize donor events. A successful applicant will have experience in nonprofit development or sales, be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and be highly organized.
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
- Oversee donor CRM and donation processing to ensure accuracy and adherence to Philanthropy and Operations procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an individual membership program that retains donors, increases giving, and acquires new donors.
- Provide administrative support for all direct mail strategies, including mail merge functions, segmentation, and personalization of lists, grants management.
- Strengthen and build relationships with current and potential funders by representing CAC at external events.
- Donor database and tracking systems (40%): Oversee all aspects of donor database and funding tracking systems, including donation processing, donor segmentation, donor contacts, grants calendar, reporting, etc. Ensure systems are consistently accurate and up to date. Experience with DonorPerfect is a plus!
- Funder cultivation/stewardship (35%): Implement CAC’s Donor Stewardship Plan and cultivate new donor prospects, including writing thank you cards/emails, completing thank you calls, responding to general inquiries, and executing donor-related events. Facilitate grant applications and reporting, as needed.
- Community and Donor Engagement (15%): Attend community events on behalf of Climate Action Campaign, steward and grow our network of community partners and donors
- Philanthropy Campaigns (10%): Assist the Director of Philanthropy and Communications Manager with fundraising campaigns, including mailings, end of year fundraisers, events, etc.
A good fit for this position will:
- Have experience in non-profit fundraising or sales.
- Be comfortable with a wide range of philanthropic work, including solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate donors, donor and potential donor cultivation and research, CRM/database management, and special events.
- Be passionate about climate justice and what we do.
- Have top-notch communication skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoy meeting new people, and developing and maintaining meaningful professional relationships.
- Have an understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities, including understanding that the climate crisis disproportionately burdens working-class communities of color.
- Be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with different audiences.
- Be a self-motivated and resourceful independent worker who is also a team player.
- Be organized, capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects while maintaining attention to detail.
- Have a keen interest in learning and developing as a professional, staying on top of best practice research.
- Believe that any challenge facing fundraising efforts is surmountable.
- Have experience collaborating across departments within the organization.
- Experience using DonorPerfect and Asana is a plus!
Climate Action Campaign Core Values
Justice, Equity, Accessibility, Opportunity for all, Inclusion, Health, Voice, Safety. We look forward to sharing more about these values when we meet.
This is a full-time, salary, exempt position, and will include occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Our office is in Hillcrest in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, community advocates, and donors as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs. For the foreseeable future our team is working remotely, but this position must be based in and work out of the San Diego area.
Vaccination mandate: Climate Action Campaign requires, with few exceptions, that all staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Unvaccinated staff with a qualifying exemption will be required to take regular COVID-19 tests (frequency subject to change).
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match.
- Monthly cell and transportation benefit.
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule.
Salary range: $65,000 – $80,000 (commensurate with experience, not expected to exceed $70,000)
How to apply: Submit the below items to email@example.com with the Subject: Philanthropy Coordinator.
- Video or voice recording answering the following three questions
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Describe your experience with CRM, or other database, management.
- Describe your experience with building and maintaining relationships with current and/or potential donors, clients, community partners, etc.
Limit your total recording to 3 minutes maximum.
Deadline: The first review will take place on April 1, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit. We expect this position to start on or around May 1.
Climate Action Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Climate Action Campaign values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Climate Action Campaign provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org