Website Cancer Support Community Los Angeles
Free Cancer Support for the Whole Family
Reports to: Associate Director of Programs (ADP)
Summary: The Program Coordinator provides support to the program team with respect to all areas of CSCLA’s Program, including Spanish-Speaking programming. The position is responsible for organizing, scheduling, and implementing program events; outreach efforts; and the coordination of CSCLA’s volunteer program. S/he will regularly interface with CSCLA members, potential members, program staff, interns and volunteers. This position may require evening and weekend hours. Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate onsite and virtual programing to best serve CSCLA patients and family members and assist ADP in expanding the reach and capacity of CSCLA offsite and potential satellite programs, as part of hospital expansion efforts;
- Manage and implement program calendar preparation, including assisting ADP in identifying appropriate educational presenters and key medical and academic professionals;
- Prepare daily program offerings, including program organization, set-up, implementation, and clean-up when in-person;
- Support development of new activities including, but not limited to, groups, mind-body, lectures and social events;
- Manage incoming communications via phone and info email. When in-person, assist with walk-ins and other community member needs as they arise along with CSCLA staff;
- Support Program administration, including data entry, preparing correspondence, problem solving, and report generation;
- Manage and implement program documentation, including tracking and entering program attendance in database and designing query and report templates to support grant-writing efforts;
- Assist in program marketing design in cooperation with Development/Communications staff, including updating website, creating weekly e-Blasts, social media posts, press releases, CSCLA newsletter articles, blog posts, and identifying key community members for media in consultation with ADP and clinical staff;
- Assist with the implementation of member satisfaction surveys and the maintenance of accurate statistical and database records in accordance with CSCLA’s policies;
- Coordinate volunteers and support clinical staff;
- Facilitate New Member Orientation meetings, as needed; Work in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator to onboard all new participants;
- Assist group facilitators and healthy lifestyle instructors with coverage needs.
Supervised by ADP:
- Respond to volunteer inquiries;
- Coordinate volunteers for front-desk coverage;
- Assist in assigning tasks to volunteers in coordination with staff;
- Ensure volunteer paperwork is completed and contact information is entered into database.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical and Program Director and Associate Director of Programs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- A passion for the mission of Cancer Support Community
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues in a mission-based environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent computer and social media skills
- Excellent people skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Cancer Support Community Los Angeles is committed to building a diverse staff that reflects the communities we work alongside, and we value equity and inclusion in our workplace. As an organization committed to creating access to supportive care for all, it is our goal to apply a lens of racial and health equity into all aspects of our work. We welcome applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply. Cancer Support Community Los Angeles encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, physical and emotional health, age, religious commitment, political perspective, and individuals and communities that have and continue to be underrepresented and often marginalized.
Please submit resume to Kathy Riley, MPH: email@example.com Due to the large number of applicants, please know that we cannot respond personally to each application or accept phone call inquires.
Cancer Support Community Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, HIV status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org