For almost 40 years, the Klein International String Competition has enjoyed international acclaim as one of the most prestigious classical music competitions in the world, attracting entries from throughout the world and helping to enhance the developing careers of classical string players who have gone on to become renowned soloists, chamber musicians, teachers, and prominent members of the world’s finest orchestras.
We are looking for an individual to help advance our work to serve emerging players, develop relationships, and inspire support for our work. The ideal candidate will be proficient in basic administrative functions, and able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision. You are well organized, flexible, and able to navigate remotely supporting a small non-profit organization, and thrive on honing the skills that are key in arts administration. This role reports to the Executive Director.
Provide research, administrative, and program support for the Executive Director.
· Manage and update e-mail lists and constituent database records.
· Draft donor correspondence.
· Conduct funding, prospect and market research.
· Develop alumni database and conduct regular artist outreach.
Develop paid and organic social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Assist with website updates and e-campaigns as assigned.
· Coordinate travel, itineraries, and hospitality for visiting artists and guests.
· Assist with the coordination and execution of the Klein Competition and annual gala + auction.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with 1-2 years of experience in an arts organization preferred.
Outstanding computer, internet; and written and spoken communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
High level of self-motivation and time management.
Ability to handle confidential information.
· Cultural competence working with young international artists, educators, and professional musicians.
· Knowledge of classical music and musical terms a plus.
Understanding and appreciation for the work and values of the organization.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a remote team.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, donor or customer database management, and e-mail platforms.
· Experience with Google Workspace, graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite, BOX, social media mgt a plus.
Willing to learn quickly.
$25/hour. This is a part-time hourly, non-exempt role totaling ~300 hours per year over ~40 weeks based on seasonal needs: hours temporarily increase for support of the Klein Competition each June, and for a fundraising event each winter; both may include evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org