Website Black Fox Philanthropy
Your Mission is our Mission. Our Team is your Team.
Communications Specialist (Part-time, Contract, Remote)
Black Fox Philanthropy is a quickly-growing fundraising firm serving leading nonprofits in the global social sector. We help clients secure significant financial resources so they can focus on doing their work in the world. Black Fox is a woman-owned certified B Corp and advises nonprofits across all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our culture is one of purposeful action. We work with a high level of integrity, ferocity, intelligence, and a heart for the world. Black Fox is family-friendly, valuing flexibility, meaningful impact, and outcomes over punching a clock. Our Mission and Values are at the core of everything we do. Find more on the Black Fox Code here: http://blackfoxphilanthropy.com/black-fox-code/
Black Fox is seeking part-time, remote Communications Consultants to work closely with our clients to develop compelling messaging that will effectively connect them to potential funding partners. Working closely alongside our clients’ teams and internal teams across Black Fox Philanthropy, the Communications Consultants oversee the creation and delivery of each client-specific Fundraising Toolkit, including core messaging, pitch deck language, fundraising talking points, as well as develop grant writing deliverables, including Letters of Intent, customized funding proposals, and more as relevant.
Our clients have powerful missions and visions, and tremendous capacity to have profound impact. Their time is best invested in face-to-face meetings. The objective of the Communications Consultant is to work alongside clients in developing compelling, funder-centric messaging to ensure they are equipped with powerful communication materials that tell their organizational story and advance their fundraising.
- Provide behind-the-scenes expert input and strategy regarding clients’ organizational messaging.
- Lead messaging development sessions with clients (via video conferencing) and subsequent regular progress check-ins.
- Effectively coach clients on strategic communications approaches based upon funder profiles and history. Collaborate closely with clients on developing funder-centric organizational language and messaging.
- Manage the entire Toolkit process, providing each deliverable in a timely manner.
- Research clients to become conversant with their mission, vision, and communications needs.
- Develop tailored core and secondary messages for each client. These messages are designed to be compelling to specific funder audiences, including major gifts, foundations, corporate philanthropy, family offices, and more.
- Create a customized suite of communications materials for each client that includes new and/or refined messaging, organizational overviews, engagement letter and email templates, appeal letter templates, pitch deck content, etc.
- In collaboration with our advancement team members, provide support for messaging and editing of advancement materials as needed and appropriate, including grant proposals and Letters of Intent.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We want you to apply if…
- You can comprehensively digest a new organization and quickly turn around to speak intelligently and compellingly about their mission and programming.
- You have proven experience as a communications expert, particularly if it is grounded in the social sector. We are especially interested in those with international communications experience across multiple UN Sustainable Development Goals. Additionally, experience preparing messaging for audiences besides traditional foundations (e..g, blended capital, corporate philanthropy, venture philanthropy, alternative funding, etc.) is needed.
- You have a passion for helping to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.
- You drive for results, and delight in exceeding expectations.
- You enjoy an outcome-oriented culture that values flexibility and accountability.
- You have strong project management skills, are self-motivated and able to lead collaboratively.
- Five or more years of experience focused upon communications, preferably including nonprofits, communications, marketing, fundraising and development.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of fundraising or grant writing a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; exceptions will be made for the right candidate. Masters Degree a plus.
This is a remote contract role. The time commitment is estimated at 10-25 hours per project, and projects typically last approximately 2-3 months. Compensation is $50 – $60 per hour, or the project-based equivalent.
Please complete the Fitzii assessment when prompted to do so, and submit a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit www.fitzii.com.