"Empowered Communities with Sustainable Transportation"
The BICAS Finance Coordinator works collaboratively with BICAS’ Finance Committee, collective members performing financial management duties and the BICAS collective to coordinate BICAS’ financial operations and acts as the primary point of contact for all things financial within BICAS. The person in this role also extends and deepens the collective’s financial literacy and understanding of organizational finances.
A successful candidate for this role will already have demonstrated experience in bookkeeping and organizational financial management and will demonstrate adherence to established ethical norms for those in financial management. Ideal candidates will have a background in non-profit organizational financial operations management.
Finance / Accounting
– Recording payments and cash receipts
– Financial reporting to the BICAS board of directors and Collective
– Develop and maintain practices to ensure BICAS’ compliance with tax laws and grant reporting requirements.
– Facilitate financial literacy within the BICAS collective
– Bi-weekly payroll processing
– Cumulative hours tracking for pay-rate increases
– Vendor maintenance
– Accounts payable check processing
– Accounts receivable / grant / donation check processing
– Record daily cash receipts, make corrections, & note oversights
– Support BICAS’ budgeting process and coordinate budget reporting
– Assist in grant reporting & facilitate grant funds’ tracking
– Journal entries to allocate payroll
– Pick up mail bi-weekly (from PO Box)
– Make weekly bank deposits
– Monthly bank reconciliations – BICAS’ Board Treasurer reviews and signs off, coordinating meeting with collective finance committee
– Document BICAS’ financial practices and procedures
– Proceduralize anti-fraud/theft controls and other financial practices
– Assist in BICAS tax complianceAssist in the preparation of BICAS’ annual USIRS Form 1099 filings
– Assist i n preparing BICAS’ annual Federal USIRS I-990 informational return preparation and filing,
– Annual Corporation Commission filing
Workmen’s compensation insurance payment/premium reconciliation
– Assist in financial trends’ analysis and further improving BICAS’ financial performance.
– Fund accounting
– Cash basis transactional analysis
– Quickbooks online software
– Matching back-up to checks
– Filing and retrieval
– Data and information security
– Data analysis
– Nonprofit accounting management expertise
Up to 20 a week, including 15 hours per week of finance and accounting duties and 5 hours per week of collective duties including bi-monthly staff meetings and collaboration with other committees. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Additional Collective Tasks:
Attend and participate (by assisting in meeting duties such as facilitation, timekeeping, stacking and note taking) in mandatory, twice monthly staff/collective meetings on the first and third Wednesday nights of the month ( 4 paid hours per month). This meeting takes place 6:30 PM-8:30 PM.
Coordinate monthly Finance committee meetings (1 paid hour per month)
Participate in occasional working committees such as: Hiring committee, Art auction committee, Building committee, Education committee, and other ad hoc committees.
This role will be compensated $18.98 per hour with annual cost of living adjustments, 1 hour of sick pay for every thirty hours of work plus 10 days of vacation pay per quarter.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com