Website Beneficial State Foundation
Changing the banking system for good
Equitable Bank Standards Program Manager
Beneficial State Foundation
About Beneficial State Foundation and Our Mission
Beneficial State Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that works to advance financial justice and impactful systemic change in our communities and in the banking system. The Foundation is the founding investor of Beneficial State Bank, a triple-bottom-line certified Community Development Financial Institution, and the administrator of the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program which provides grants and affordable financing to help income-qualified Californians purchase clean vehicles.
We have staff located in Washington, Oregon, and California.
Role at a glance
- We use geographic zones when determining starting salary. The starting salary for this role is $79,355 or $90,177.
- This role is an exempt, full-time position.
- We are currently working in a 100% remote environment. This role can work remotely from anywhere in Washington, Oregon, or California.
- The expected start date for this position is April 17, 2023.
The Equitable Bank Standards Program Manager works as a part of a team advancing Beneficial State Foundation’s mission to help change the banking system for good.
This role is with our team working on the Equitable Bank Standards (EBS), which provide a measurable, step-by-step pathway for all U.S. banks to foster transformational change within their communities. Whether a bank’s leaders are newly curious about how to operate more responsibly, or they are already recognized for achieving positive outcomes, the Standards provide clear guidance for continued progress.
The current Standards team includes an Associate Director and Community Engagement Associate, and we are now seeking an organized and detail-oriented team player to round out our team. The ideal candidate values discipline and process, good recordkeeping, and well-managed databases.
The role will include conducting a variety of tasks related to research and analysis, program planning and support, project management, and stakeholder engagement. The Program Manager will work to support broader inclusion in standards development by supporting stakeholder education, awareness, and collective action.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
Standards Research & Content Development
- Project management for development, feedback, stakeholder engagement, and dissemination of the Equitable Bank Standards
- Effectively use quality recordkeeping skills to manage Equitable Bank Standards databases with the support of the team
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize data from multiple sources to generate insights that can be used as inputs to write new standards for financial institutions and support strategy development
- Experience with data sourcing, data governance, data validation and verification for completeness and accuracy
- Facilitate activities and meetings with diverse stakeholders including finance experts and other community stakeholders
- Content development including key messages and overview documents for outreach meetings
- Contribute to partnerships strategy, including owning and stewarding relationships
- Work closely with Community Engagement Associate to maintain a productive relationship with key stakeholders through email, one-on-one conversations, and small group conversations
- Support constituent relationship management
- Hold team accountable for collective participation goals
Other duties may include:
- Event management and logistics
- Speaking at and attending events on behalf of Beneficial State Foundation
- Special projects as assigned
We are passionate about developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet every qualification or have every key skill listed below, we urge you to apply. Transferable skills are any skills gained through education, work experience (including the military), or life experience that are relevant for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and transferrable experience
- 6+ years of work experience preferred
- Comfortable with working autonomously and proactively with high-level direction
- Strong project manager with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with writing research plans
- Direct knowledge of public policy and demonstrated experience with policy analysis and research
- Experience with stakeholder management and/or working on grassroots issue advocacy campaigns, particularly those advancing economic justice
- Experience with and/or willingness to do public speaking
- Experience working with industry associations and/or managing relationships with senior business leaders
- Enjoys relationship-building and networking
- Lifelong learner
- Skilled facilitator
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Keen awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals with diverse lived experiences
- Commitment to contributing to social, economic, and racial justice movements
- Demonstrable interest in contributing to and living out Beneficial State Foundation’s Core Values
- Comfort and flexibility in working remotely and supporting and collaborating with remote staff
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong comfort with collaborative technologies and experience working with various platforms and tools including Microsoft Suite / Microsoft 365, Google Suite, Slack, Basecamp, and Zoom.
Flexibility in schedule that allows travel up to 20% of the time, some evening engagements, and occasional weekend commitments.
We recognize that negotiation can lead to pay inequality in an organization, so we have adopted a no negotiation policy. We use a compensation formula to set base pay by job level and we have two geographic zones that determine base salary by employee location. Depending on where you reside, the annual starting salary for this role is $79,355 or $90,177.
- Beneficial State Foundation offers:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits (employee and dependent coverage)
- 401(k) (eligibility after 3 months) through Fidelity with 6% employer matching contribution
- Vacation time (17 days for 0-5 years of service and 22 days after 5 years of service), sick time (15 days) and floating holidays (2 days) that start accruing immediately upon hire
- Office holiday schedule includes 20 paid holidays inclusive of a full week office closure at the end of the calendar year
- 32 hours a year of paid time off for volunteering, activism, community care and mutual aid
- 24 hours paid time off for employee-directed professional development
- Remote work/green commute stipend ($100 gross per month) and wellness activity stipend ($65 gross per month)
- Reimbursement for Headspace, Calm or an equivalent mindfulness app subscription
- Opportunities for engagement and support through activities such as book club, peer coaching groups, affinity groups (in pilot stage), active Slack channels for personal connection and other ad hoc fun stuff
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500 annually for degree programs. Up to $500 of this total can be used for qualifying continuing education (seminars, conferences, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program through Optum Live and Work Well
Location: We are currently working in a 100% remote environment. This role can work remotely from anywhere in Washington, Oregon, or California.
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director of Equitable Banking Standards
All staff are currently working from home. We provide staff with support for remote work, including a monthly stipend, expense reimbursement, ergonomic assessment resources, etc.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Beneficial State Foundation has a strong commitment to social justice and racial equity. We invite candidates of all identities and lived experiences to apply for this position.
You are welcome here.
We acknowledge the extensive history of racism, injustice, and oppression in the United States. We acknowledge the systemic marginalization of Black people, Indigenous people and all people of color. We acknowledge that inequity is woven into the financial services industry. Just as it manifested in condemned historical practices such as redlining, it continues in many forms today.
As individuals and as our two organizations, we are dedicated to recognizing and continuously addressing how our biases show up. We intentionally work to foster a culture of inclusion where everyone is a valued member of our teams and treated with empathy, respect, and dignity. We commit to supporting today and each day to dismantle systemic racism. We commit to hearing feedback when our actions fall short of our intentions. And we firmly believe that in order to build more just world, we must demolish white supremacy.
We strive to ensure that those who work and bank with Beneficial State, no matter their identity, truly feel in their hearts the words Beneficial State Bank customers experience when they walk into our branches: YOU ARE WELCOME HERE.
How to Apply
Application review will begin on Monday, March 6, 2023, with phone interviews to follow. We strongly encourage interested applicants to apply by March 6, 2023, but we’ll consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Our target start date for this position is Monday, April 17, 2023.
Please submit a resume and answer our application questions through our job application form. More information about our team can be found on our website.
A cover letter is not required. Applications without responses to the required application questions and skills assessment will not be considered.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Beneficial State Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit fs8.formsite.com.