Join the global fight for a healthy climate by making a difference in local communities. Home Energy members help communities mitigate and prepare for climate change by promoting household energy efficiency and solar energy.
As a Home Energy member, you’ll provide education and services to decrease household energy costs, encourage energy efficiency, and promote the use of solar energy. With great training and opportunities to shadow technicians, we’ll prepare you to connect with homeowners and renters to help them make decisions about energy assistance programs and energy-saving materials.
We are currently recruiting for the 2023-24 program year with opportunities beginning in July, August, October and January. This is an AmeriCorps member position with the Home Energy Initiative of Climate Impact Corps. You will join an amazing group of members, determined to help our communities.
What to Expect
- Build community awareness through presentations, outreach activities and public events.
- Foster a growing network of local champions and outreach partners.
- Conduct solar opportunity assessments and help homeowners learn about benefits and options.
- Help homeowners and tenants navigate energy-saving options and complete in-home installation of energy-saving equipment.
- Share your experience with the wider community as a Climate Impact Corps ambassador.
Serve as a Home Energy Member 40 hours per week and receive a perks package that includes:
- A stipend of $1,305 paid every 2 weeks
- Up to $6,895 for tuition or student loans*
- Federal student loan forbearance and interest repayment
- Individual health insurance — Monthly premium 100% covered
- Child care assistance — Based on family size and income
*The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award can be used to pay tuition or repay qualified student loans. Individuals 55+ at the start of their service term may gift their award to their child, grandchild, foster child or step-child.
What it Takes
Our members come from all walks of life. The most important qualification is a passion to take action for your community – and meet the following minimum qualifications.
By the time they begin their service, our members are:
- Dependable and have a history of good attendance
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Able to set a pace and maintain a service schedule of 40, 35 or 25 hours per week, depending on the agreed upon hours commitment
- Competent with basic computer skills (like email and navigating online)
- Fluent in English for speaking, reading, and writing
- 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent
- A citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States*
Able to successfully complete a background check
*Applicants who have received deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not eligible to serve as AmeriCorps members at this time.
Want to Learn More?
Watch this 3-minute video and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a member! Or click here to view the position description.
We’d love to hear from you! Contact us at 866-859-2825 or email@example.com.
About our Organization
Climate Impact Corps is powered by passionate AmeriCorps members who serve in one of two initiatives: Community Forestry Corps or Home Energy Corps. The program was launched in 2020, to address urgent needs in Minnesota and is administered by Ampact.
Ampact is a national organization that demonstrates the power of national service to solve complex social problems by creating innovative programs that focus on the key areas of education, environmental stewardship, and healthy futures for communities. These programs include Reading Corps, Math Corps, Early Learning Corps, Climate Impact Corps, Heading Home Corps, Language Corps, Public Health Corps, Recovery Corps and Resettlement Corps.
Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
This document is available in alternative formats.
To apply for this job please visit climatecorps-ampact.icims.com.