Website American Cancer Society
Leads/Executes a revenue portfolio driven by priority relationships, pipeline development, account management, events, and fundraising activities with accountability for a significant income target as well as mission and advocacy integration. Ensures goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of diverse partners, constituents, and volunteers.
- Accountable for the achievement of a revenue target greater than $350,000 for a portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events.
- Manages volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles.
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals.
- Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning.
- Engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively and efficiently completes activities and meets target deadlines in order to execute successful events or fundraising activities.
- Implements best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities.
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment.
- Engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed.
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society
BS/BA or equivalent experience, plus a preferred 3 years successful experience in fundraising, corporate engagement, and relationship development working within a multi-million dollar organization a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate community-based volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion and influence skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
Proficient in computer-based information systems.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs. Must be able to staff evening and weekend meetings, events and programs. Must be able to lift 30 lbs and perform set up/take down of event equipment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cancer.org.