Website African Communities Together
Title: Data Manager
Position Location: This position is remote and will require periodic travel to ACT offices in New York, Philadelphia, and DMV.
Reports to: Director, Impact & Capacity Building
FLSA Status: Salaried-Exempt
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday-Friday from either 9 am-5 pm or 10 am-6pm.
African Communities Together (ACT) is an organization of African immigrants fighting for civil rights, opportunity, and a better life for our families here in the U.S. and worldwide. ACT works to support and empower African immigrants to integrate socially, advance economically, and engage civically. ACT connects African immigrants to services, empowers our members to develop as grassroot leaders, and leads campaigns for social change. ACT’s African immigrant membership comes from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures, and languages, and is religiously diverse, majority women, and predominantly working-class and low income.
African Communities Together (ACT) seeks an experienced Data Manager to support the organization’s campaigns and programs. The Data Manager will continually update and improve ACT’s client relationship management system (Every Action), establish data collection standards and protocols, and produce detailed reports for external and internal evaluation. This position will report to the Impact & Capacity Building Director and collaborate with the Communications Manager, ACT Chapter Directors, and Operations & Human Resources Manager to advance ACT’s mission, objectives, and goals. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities and is comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
CRM Administration (Every Action)
● Responsible for all administrative functions required to maintain our CRM, including creating and maintaining all Every Action and MiniVAN documentation.
● Implement and manage configuration changes, including page layouts, custom objects, and fields, reports and dashboards, workflows, process builders, validation rules, flows, and custom reports.
● Support programs to monitor data quality and run regular data quality checks, reporting any issues to the Director of Impact & Capacity Building and Chapter Directors.
● Manage third-party integrations between Every Action and external systems, including Google products, Slack, Asana, and peer-to-peer texting tools.
● Collaborate with staff and external consultants/specialists to manage implementation enhancements and ongoing projects.
● Onboard and support all users with ongoing training to build organization wide Every Action, MiniVAN, and data capacity, including developing and updating user guides, documentation, and tools.
● Field user requests and troubleshoot technical issues.
● Work with the Civic Engagement Director to support all voter engagement data needs required for year-round voter engagement efforts.
Digital & Communications
● Expand SMS and outreach tech in field programs.
● Manage operation of mass outreach platforms and engagement tools such as Hustle, Action Network, Empower, and potentially other texting, relational organizing and auto-dealer tools.
● Train staff, canvassers and volunteers on relevant communications technology.
Data Analysis and Reporting
● Produce regular reports for the senior management, funders, and program supervisors as needed.
● Support impact evaluation by providing information regarding service and program needs/priorities and assessing programmatic deliverables.
● Perform other tasks and special projects as needed.
● 3+ years of experience managing a CRM (Every Action preferred), with a strong understanding of best practices and functionality, preferably including the following:
o Strong familiarity with building custom reports and dashboards.
o Strong familiarity with workflow rules and processes.
o Experience with user training and onboarding.
● Relevant BA/BS degree or equivalent additional experience preferred.
● Experience with data analysis in Excel/Google Sheets and Tableau.
● Demonstrated experience in data management including, but not limited to, wrangling large datasets, performing data quality control and cleaning, etc.
● Organizing experience and/or electoral experience appreciated but not required.
● Demonstrated leadership and ability to work independently and in a collaborative community organization environment, including accountability to goals, managing across teams and prioritizing.
● Critical thinker with the ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data.
● Self-starter with strong project management skills, including a track record of meeting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and managing multiple priorities.
● Attention to detail and accuracy of all information – the ability to decipher complicated instructions and technical guidelines.
● Cultural competence and experience with African immigrant communities or within the social justice sector.
● Alignment with ACT’s mission and values.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Simplified Employee Pension Plan (SEP-IRA). Additional benefits include professional development and a sabbatical/longevity bonus.
Paid Time and Holidays Off
We offer full-time employees in their first and second year of employment with paid vacation of up to 10 days per year, in their third and fourth years of employment will accumulate of up to 15 vacation days per year and employees in their fifth and subsequent years of employment will accumulate up to 20 vacation days per year, 12 sick days per year, 1 personal day for every two months worked, 10 holidays off as applicable through the calendar year, and Year End Closure Holiday: the office is closed between December 24th through January 1st.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position. Please combine the resume and cover letter into one attachment.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications by May 30th, 2023; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, please apply for this role.
1.Initial Pre-Screening Call
2. First Round Interview
3. Completion of Exercise
4. Final Interview- Panel Interview
Equal Opportunity Employer
African Communities Together (ACT) believes that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity, and we do not discriminate against our staff members or applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, sex, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran or citizenship status provided they are qualified and meet the requirements for the position. ACT provides reasonable accommodation to candidates with disabilities.
ACT is an affirmative action employer, and strongly supports the social goals of affirmative action. We therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer from broader societal discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit africancommunitiestogether.applytojob.com.