Website ADRC Action
The Arizona Democracy Resource Center (ADRC) is dedicated to empowering community members and encouraging civic participation. The Resource Center advocates for equitable representation for all Arizonans and works closely with community leaders to protect our democracy. We are committed to dismantling structural barriers to democratic participation, supporting community self-determination, and investing in local leadership.
The Development Director partners with ADRC’s Co-Executive Directors to advance the organization’s vision, values, annual goals, and objectives. The Development Director will work to strengthen the sustainability of organization and create infrastructure to support our projects and programs through fundraising and tracking outcomes and accomplishments. The Development Director reports to the Co-Executive Directors and serves on the Leadership Team.
This is a hybrid position based in Arizona. All applicants should reside in Arizona or be willing to relocate to Arizona and make regular visits to our Phoenix office.
- Plan and manage organizational development plan including grant proposals, individual giving, and fundraising events
- Coordinate the development team to support implementation of the development plan and manage organizational calendars
- Ensure grant proposals, applications, and communications with funders are completed as needed
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with funders
- Research and foster new donor relationships and funding opportunities
- Complete timely and accurate report deliveries to funders as required
- Ensure relevant data is tracked during program implementation to meet goals and requirements set by funders.
- Update and maintain grant and fundraising documents for organizational reference
- Communicate regularly with Executive Directors and program staff to stay up to date on organizational goals and programs
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Four years of leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit, social justice, or community organizing role
- Five years of fundraising experience
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizational management procedures including budgeting and grant reporting
- Track record of successfully creating and managing organizational development and sustainability plans
- Experience supporting a growing organization and increasing budgets year-over-year
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including oral and visual presentations.
- Understanding of voting rights issues and/or the criminal legal system
- Familiarity with Arizona
Salary range is $80,000-90,000 depending on professional and lived experience. ADRC offers a competitive benefits package to its full-time employees, which includes employee health, vision, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, paid holidays, generous paid time off, FSA program, and the option to enroll in a 403(b) program. We cover 100% of the employee premiums for all medical coverage.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your letter, describe your experience working with program and project staff to develop fundraising plans. Please also provide a brief response to the following: Why are you passionate about abolition?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org