The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund (AAPI Fund) was founded in 2013 with the belief that Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) must be an integral part of strengthening America’s democracy, improving the quality of life for all, and creating vibrant multiracial communities. To this end, we foster a culture of civic participation within AAPI communities by supporting the growth of AAPI groups as organizational movement and power building leaders who achieve specific policy, systems, and transformational change. The AAPI Fund is fiscally sponsored by New Venture Fund.
The Development Associate is a full-time exempt position whose main responsibility is to support the development needs of the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund as we continue a trajectory of growth. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build their fundraising expertise, is skilled at administrative tasks and data management, and wants to be part of a nimble team that is passionate about our mission. The position will work closely with and report to the Resource Mobilization Director.
- Manage grant tracking process and reporting schedule, including keeping documents updated and preparing relevant materials.
- Coordinate acknowledgements and other donor correspondence to cultivate and steward relationships.
- Research prospective donors, prepare donor profiles, and keep track of contacts, interests, and connections.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of databases to ensure that all information is accurate, current, and reflects our interactions and relationships. Includes updating donor profiles, recording gifts, and running reports.
- Develop donor communications including the production of regular digital communications and newsletters, and other external communications targeted at donors as well as allies in the field.
- Manage website updates and social media postings related to events and news of interest to donors.
- Participate in donor-related meetings and, where needed, take notes and share observations.
- Provide administrative support as related to development and communications. This may include event planning, scheduling, invoicing, booking travel, conference registrations, and meeting logistics.
- Draft and/or edit correspondence, such as memos, letters, and presentations.
- Participate in development and organization-wide strategy and planning sessions.
- Attend to how the AAPI Fund’s brand is perceived and help maintain organizational reputation.
- Provide other administrative and logistics-related support as needed.
The candidate must be someone who can exercise discretion and independent judgment. The candidate should be experienced in supporting a small team and taking initiative on getting things done in an organized, timely, and reliable manner. An interest in fundraising is strongly desirable and there will be opportunities for learning, support, and training.
Core Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Commitment to the AAPI Fund’s mission and values, including centering racial justice and equity.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, but also in team settings with excellent interpersonal skills.
Is reliable, pays close attention to detail, and is well organized.
Excellent written, oral, and verbal communications skills with special attention given to the audiences addressed.
Experienced in a variety of word processing and spreadsheet creation, including tracking sheets, emails, letters, memos, and reports.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom, WordPress, Google Suite, and social media.
Able to navigate CRM software and database systems (we use EveryAction).
Able to prioritize a large and varied workload, managing multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
Able to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills. Able to show initiative – a willingness to learn and take on responsibilities as a contributing team member, proactively identifying or initiating ways to enhance a process, procedure or outcome that benefits the organization.
A minimum of 1-3 years of full-time equivalent experience in a similar position.
Additional Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Direct experience with immigrant and refugee communities, and/or with Asian American and Pacific Islander populations is strongly valued.
Capable of working in a dynamic hybrid work environment.
Able to communicate via phone and videoconferencing, and to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Light lifting of materials and equipment in the typical work environment.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees can enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
- Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com
Cover letter explaining your interest in this position
- lnclude “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email
Attach files in a PDF or Word format, LastName_FirstName_CL/Resume.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Preference for applications received by December 1, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org