As we prepare to launch our new Chapter Congress, YNPN is asking every chapter to designate a Congress representative using the form below.
Ideal Chapter Congress representatives are chapter board members or other volunteers who are…
- highly familiar with your chapter programs, services, structure, and priorities
- trusted to speak and occasionally vote on behalf of the chapter at Congress meetings
- reliable, responsive, and eager to engage with other chapter leaders and national board members
- prepared to withstand some “trial and error” as we refine the Chapter Congress model to better meet our needs and reach our goals
Chapter representatives are expected to…
- actively participate in quarterly Congress calls
- serve as a liaison between their fellow local leaders and the Congress.
- attend the National Leaders’ Conference if possible (NOTE: attendance is not required for Congress participation.)
- Representatives commit to serve through this calendar year (renewable terms with each calendar year.)
Chapters are responsible for…
- creating their own method for selecting representatives and replacing them if and when chapter-level board terms expire.
- When completing the form below,each designated representative should list an alternate who can attend meetings and respond to Congress communications if the primary representative is unavailable.
- The Chapter Congress orientation, which took place on April 3, is mandatory for all representatives. The orientation will give participants an overview of the different purposes of the Congress, related procedures, and areas for feedback.
- The inaugural Chapter Congress took place on April 30. Information on the next call will be posted soon. In the meantime, please direct any questions or concerns to Kari and Qyana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you to build a more powerful national network.