As we prepare to launch our new Chapter Congress, YNPN is asking every chapter to designate a Congress representative using the form below no later than Monday, March 25.
Ideal Chapter Congress representatives are chapter board members or other volunteers who are…
- highly familiar with your chapter programs, services, structure, and priorities
- trusted to speak and occasionally vote on behalf of the chapter at Congress meetings
- reliable, responsive, and eager to engage with other chapter leaders and national board members
- prepared to withstand some “trial and error” as we refine the Chapter Congress model to better meet our needs and reach our goals
Chapter representatives are expected to…
- actively participate in quarterly Congress calls
- serve as a liaison between their fellow local leaders and the Congress.
- attend the National Leaders’ Conference if possible (NOTE: attendance is not required for Congress participation.)
- Representatives commit to serve through this calendar year (renewable terms with each calendar year.)
Chapters are responsible for…
- creating their own method for selecting representatives and replacing them if and when chapter-level board terms expire.
- When completing the form below,each designated representative should list an alternate who can attend meetings and respond to Congress communications if the primary representative is unavailable.
- The Chapter Congress orientation, mandatory for all representatives, is scheduled for 8:00 pm EDT on April 3 and will give participants an overview of the different purposes of the Congress, related procedures, and areas for feedback.
- The inaugural Chapter Congress call will take place April 30. In the meantime, please direct any questions or concerns to Kari and Qyana at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you to build a more powerful national network.