By Nicole Klaas, president, YNPN Board of Directors
Happy new year from the Board members of your Young Nonprofit Professionals Network – Greater Milwaukee Chapter!
It’s an exciting time to be part of the YNPN community and in the coming year you should expect a lot from us. Here are our eight resolutions for 2012:
- Host an awesome 2012 Annual Meeting. It’s on the books for Tuesday, Feb. 28 at Miller Inn; the topic is digital storytelling; and yes, you get free beer courtesy of MillerCoors.
- Offer unique news and viewpoints through regular posts to this blog. In addition to blog entries from other YNPN Board members, various Milwaukee nonprofit stakeholders have agreed to provide guest posts on a range of topics: fundraising, finances, programming, volunteer management, leadership, and far more than I have time to list in this brief update. We also welcome you, our members, to participate. If you have a topic you’re interested in blogging about, send us an email at email@example.com.
- Better serve you throughout our paid membership program. Rolling out officially at the 2012 Annual Meeting, it will allow us to gain a clearer picture of who you are and what you want from YNPN. We’ll be sending out information about how to join immediately after the Annual Meeting.
- Celebrate Earth Day with a panel discussion about how to live green. Details about this event, coming in April, will be available soon.
- Provide you with at least six education events. In addition to the panel discussion about how to live green, we’re committed to providing you with at least two more events this spring and three more in the fall. Visit the Events page of our website for updates.
- Create low-pressure social/networking opportunities with our monthly social networking events. These drop-in-when-you-can events are the third Wednesday of each month, currently at The Eatery.
- Tweet more.
- Take more pictures. Get ready to smile, because we’re definitely taking more pictures at events this year.
If you have any questions or ideas for YNPN this year, please leave a comment on this blog.
We are looking forward to YNPN in 2012, and we hope you are too!