We are looking for outstanding nonprofit leaders to join the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network national board of directors.
If you are committed to nonprofits, ready to commit to a leadership position, and want to help lead the growing YNPN movement, we encourage you to apply. We are a working board, helping to steer the course of YNPN’s growth, national presence, committees, programs and activities.
Why Should I Apply for the YNPN National Board?
YNPN National board members have the unique opportunity to play a critical role in the development and growth of YNPN network across the U.S., to help shape a growing national organization, and to work to build a stronger nonprofit sector. Participation on the national board is also an excellent professional development opportunity and an opportunity to work with a fun and highly motivated team of passionate individuals.
Who is National YNPN looking for in Board Members?
We are looking for outstanding nonprofit leaders to join the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network national board of directors. If you are committed to nonprofits, ready to commit to a leadership position, and want to help lead the growing YNPN movement, we encourage you to apply. We are a working/governing board, helping to steer the course of YNPN’s growth through our national presence, committees, programs and activities. We encourage all those interested to apply, including candidates reflecting the following attributes:
- young professionals between the ages of 22 and 28
- people of color
- those living in the mid-west, pacific northwest or south (including Florida)
- current or former members of local YNPN chapters
- those with expertise in one of the following areas: advocacy, strategic planning, financial planning, or technology
What is Expected of YNPN National Board Members?
National board members are expected to govern the organization while representing the interests and needs of young nonprofit professionals and supporting YNPN chapters in serving their needs. The National YNPN board supports the mission and vision of YNPN chapters on the national level, leveraging partnerships, advocacy, and collecting and disseminating best practices to chapters and members.
Board members are expected to:
- Commit to a two year term from January 2014– December 2015
- Participate in 1 hour board meeting every month by conference call
- Commit approximately 15 hours per month to YNPN business
- Attend 3 in-person board meetings/year
- Actively participate in decision-making on conference calls, through e-mail, and during web-based discussions
- Serve on at least one board committee, participate in committee calls (monthly) and follow through on committee work
- Contribute financially to YNPN at a personally significant level of at least $100/year (this is expected even if board member decides leave before completing their full two year term)
- Participate in national board fundraising campaigns
- Be a positive ambassador for YNPN National in the community
How do I apply?
Please submit the following materials by Friday, November 1st by 8pm ET via the form below:
- National Board Application
- Email and phone information for two references:
- One who can speak to an employed position
- One who can speak to a volunteer or committee position
- Friday, November 1st: Applications are due via the form below
- Monday, November 19th: If selected for interviews, applicants will be notified of their status by this date.
- December: New board member orientation
- January 1st: New board member terms begin